1st Trimester

Telling New Employer about PG

So, I started my new job on Monday. It's not my dream job, by any means. But the pay is decent and I have benefits. That said, I'm still very nervous about sharing the PG news. I'm waiting until after my anatomy scan and first trimester is over. My scan/results are on September 14th, so I'll have been with the firm for 3 weeks. The following week, I have a 30 day eval. Should I share the Friday of my scan results? Or share at my 30 days when I see how they think I'm doing? I won't be covered by FMLA unless they elect to cover me under it. I'm in an at-will employment state which means they can terminate my employment, for any reason, at any time.

I think my saving grace is they *really* wanted me to join the firm. They offered me the job in e-mail before I had even left the parking lot. And I have a lot of experience in the field I work in. At the same time, a 6-8 week maternity leave isn't really easy to handle in my field.

Anyone been through something similar? Sharing pregnancy news where you'll take leave before a year is up at your job? Or anyone in HR/management that can share an opinion?

I'm hoping for the best, but expecting the worst. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml