1st Trimester

Delayed intro - and what to expect at the first appointment?

Hey everybody! I posted yesterday, asking about hCG levels, thinking that I had already done an intro post, but apparently I'm getting my forums mixed up! So, I'm Sam. I'm 24 years old and just found out that I am pregnant last Wednesday. I went into my doctor, thinking that my pregnancy symptoms were due to my PCOS, migraines and recent gallbladder removal surgery. I thought I'd get a new migraine prescription, but walked out with a prescription for prenatals instead. I was also going in for a consult for having a kidney stone removed, so I'm curious whether or not anyone else here has been diagnosed with kidney stones just before or during pregnancy. They said that I will have to have mine removed, but they're planning to wait until after I deliver. My husband I have been married for almost 2 years. I had a chemical pregnancy in September (while on bc and Metformin) after my bc failed.  I just went off of my bc in March. We decided to just see what happened. We're excited, but nervous because of what happened last time. I can't wait to make new friends here and learn more about what's happening to me and how my baby is developing!

Now for my question. I'm just wondering what to expect at my first appointment tomorrow.  My regular doctor is the one that discovered that I was pregnant. I called my OB and they made me an appointment with a nurse practitioner after work tomorrow to "confirm pregnancy". They won't even schedule an u/s until I come in and take another pregnancy for them. It really confuses me because my regular doctor didn't just do a urine test. She did a blood test and my hCG was over 37,500 (which she estimated would put me at about 8 weeks). I tried calling back and asking if the hospital that processed my blood work could just fax them the results, but they won't accept that. They said they need to confirm for themselves. Part of me thinks that they're just looking to collect another co-pay from me. If there's no chance of an u/s tomorrow, this means I probably won't get to hear a heartbeat yet, right? My husband can't get off work for the appointment tomorrow and I don't want him to miss that milestone. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml