1st Trimester

Depression and pregnancy

At what point do you stop brushing of symptoms of depression as just being a result of hormones?

I have never been depressed, so I don't have much experience with it.  The past couple of weeks have been pretty bad, though.  I feel nauseous most days, so I am sure that is not helping the situation, but all I want to do is sleep.  Unfortunately, I have never been able to nap, so I end up lying around trying to force myself into sleep, which just leaves me feeling drowsy for the rest of the day.  Everything that used to be fun (going to the library, taking my son to the pool, going to a park) is another chore that I have to accomplish.  I find myself forcing myself to have fun.  I keep parking my son in front of the television and telling him he can play by himself, which then leads to guilt.  My phone seems to ring incessantly and I want nothing to do with whoever is on the other end. We just moved into a new house and I hate the damned place.  I want my old house back which was cozy and mine, not someone else's design that I have to work around.  My DH is driving me up the wall because he wants to get started on furnishing it, and I just want him to leave me alone.  In fact, sometimes just being in the same vicinity as him makes my blood boil.  As a result, I am a jerk to him.

I guess I am just not sure if these feelings are signs of depression or if they are just the result of hormones and stress.  Does anyone else have any experience with these feelings?  Did anything help?  I just want to get back to being myself in my own body.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker