1st Trimester

Just found out! Wine country?

Hi all,

I've seeked this community for advice previously and everyone really helped me out!

My husband and I JUST found out we are pregnant (2/2 positive tests!). BIG SURPRISE! I have not been to the doctor yet and we leave this week for an extended vacation on the West Coast, including what will be our first and only visit to Napa Wine Country. We have several tasting tour appointments scheduled and I have already paid for several of our tasting experiences... according to online "due date calculators" and calendars I'm somewhere between 3 and 5 weeks... I think. Is it TERRIBLE if I taste -- I mean really take a single sip of a few wines I've been dying to try since we started planning this trip 2 years ago??

I feel SO GUILTY even considering this but am having trouble wrestling the thought that we have a) been planning this trip for 2 years, b) will most likely never ever return to wine country and c) have already invested tons of money into this trip... We are SO excited to be pregnant - we were both practically born wanting to be parents :)

Please advise!!! Am I already a terrible mom?? Or am I perfectly "safe" having a few sips??

Thank you!!

BabyFruit Ticker