1st Trimester

Pedicure Debate.. yay or nay?

Hi Ladies!

I'm pregnant with my second and having a very unpleasant time with it! I'm getting ready to go back to school next week and usually I treat myself to a pedicure before going back since I stand on my feet all day long at school.

Here's the problem-  during my first pregnancy DH was 100% against me getting a pedicure at all due to his co-worker having one while pregnant then miscarrying. He's a bit paranoid that will happen to me. I finally convinced him to let me get one with a few weeks left in pregnancy #1, only to have our daughter arrive 4 days later via emergency c-section. (Yes, he blamed the pedi!)

So my question is, has anyone else gotten a pedicure in the first or even early second tri without any problems? My feet and ankles are a mess and would feel better after a pedi, but not at the cost of causing a complication. I know you can ask the person to not push on certain areas of the feet and ankles, which is what I did last time..

Sorry if this sounds silly, but I've go no one else to turn to until we spill the beans on this pregnancy! TIA!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker