1st Trimester

prothrombin-factor 2 diagnosis

Prothrombin-factor 2 diagnosis Hey-pretty long story...but I was just diagnosed yesterday with prothrombin gene mutation-factor 2 yesterday. I have had no prior clotting issues-but my father, who also has the mutation has had a dvt & pe due to the condition. Basically, I have no idea what my next step is! My midwife ordered the test after my perinatologist asked her to. But, my midwife admitted to knowing next to nothing about the mutation and referred me back to the perinatologist. Right now I am waiting for a call from the genetic counselor at the perinatologist's office. But-I am wondering if what I need to do is make an appointment to see a hematologist. Basically-are there any other ladies with this mutation here on this board...and if so, what is the protocol & most importantly, what have you been treated for this disease differently since you became pregnant. There is some really horrifiying info on the internet about this mutation and pregnancy and I am now beyond nervous for the safety of my baby. Thanks for any help you guys can provide!!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml