1st Trimester

Scared--Miscarriage Limbo

This afternoon I discovered that I was spotting.  At first, it was CM with pink and red streaks in it and soon turned into very pink drops.  DH and I went to the ER where the doctor did an exam and blood draw.  He said that my cervix was still closed and that the bleeding was coming from outside the cervix and said that some women just spot during pregnancy.  My HCG levels came back very low, though, at 227.  I'm nearly 6 weeks, but he said the levels put me at 3 weeks.  This is my first blood draw (I wasn't scheduled to see anyone until 8 weeks) and he said that there are only two reasons for this low number: 1) I miscalculated how far along I am.  I honestly don't see how this could happen as I was charting using FF and know exactly when my LMP was, every single day we BD'd and when I O'd.  2) That my HCG levels are dropping and I can expect a miscarriage.

I go back in two days for another blood draw, but DH and I are absolutely crushed.  I've been cramping throughout this pregnancy, but didn't think it was a big deal until now.  Does this sound as dire as I think it does or should I hold out hope?  Please pray for our LO.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml