1st Trimester

Paranoid Doctor

Hi everyone.  I?m new here and this is a first pregnancy for me.  I went to my first appointment on Friday, which was supposed to only be for blood tests/etc.  I?m really irregular, so the nurse set me up with my 1st ultrasound same day to see how far along I am.  Turns out the baby is measuring at 6 weeks and 2 days and sadly no heartbeat yet.  I?ve read posts on here and misc. articles saying that a heartbeat ?can? be detected as early as 6 weeks, but sometimes takes longer.  So, I wasn?t worried at all by the news, but the ultrasound tech was worried and the doctor asked to see me!  The doctor went over the possibility of a miscarriage and that he was worried I'm having one!  Why the heck do they need to put me through this stress?  I feel like they?re being way too paranoid, but also it?s hard hearing from professionals that they?re concerned.  I can?t help but feel worried now.  What do you think?  Overreaction?  I have a follow up appointment this Friday and I?m trying not to stress until then.  Friday can?t come soon enough!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml