1st Trimester

First Dr Appointment NIGHTMARE! *Rant*

So, yesterday I went to my first appointment, to get things rolling after I found out I was pregnant. The DR was so rude and unprofessional, I was so mad at the end of it, I couldn't even sleep for my night shift!

I am a nurse at the hospital where I had my appointment. Its a very small hospital, and I work closely with all of the physicians and nurses. I don't want all my co workers to know that I'm pregnant just yet. My doctor is on vacation until next week, so another one was covering for him. I work with this doctor all the time, and she is extremely knowledgable and talented. Which is why I was surprised at how I was treated.

First, when I sat down, the first thing she said to me was, I thought we cancelled this appointment. I said, no, I cancelled my last one. So then she leaves the office and collects the papers she needs to fill out. She sits back down, and says, Oh, this is sooo much paperwork. All I could say was, I'm sorry...I wanted to just  get up and leave, as if I was a waste of her time.

So after all of the paperwork was filled out, which btw was not that much, she says that I need to go test my urine for protein and glucose (since I work there, I don't mind doing it myself at all). She takes my chart out to the NURSES STATION and leaves it OPEN in front of about 4 of my colleagues. AND WALKS AWAY!!!! The prenatal papers are green, and they are the ONLY green ones we have. Wow, was I mad!!! I shut the file, followed her into the copy room, and handed it to her saying "I would really appreciate some DISCRESSION, since I work here!" She says "Oh, I know, I won't say anything." I said, "No, but you left this wide open on the nurses station!" She says, "Oh."

After I tested my pee, I told her it looks like I have a UTI, (standing at the nurses station) and she says, "Oh, pregant people can only take macrobid." In front of about 2 other co workers.

Holy crap. I'm still raging about it. I can't even believe how unprofessional she was, and how she treated me, A COLLEAGUE!

Can I just say, after all that, I still havent even told my mother, so it feels like the entire hospital knows, and my mom doesn't.

UGH!!!

BabyFruit Ticker