1st Trimester

What do you expect from your DH in the hospital?

In the baby rooming in thread down below, a lot of women choose to have their baby go to the nursery because they couldn't get in and out of bed to pick the baby up. Maybe because they had a c-section or tearing. I was on mag-sulfate, even after having the baby, so I was a fall risk. I was still struggling with pre-eclampisa after I had the baby, so I was not suppose to get in and out of the bed unless I had to use the restroom. DS roomed-in with me, and it wasn't a big deal because DH would hand DS to me for feeding or snuggling, and change all his diapers. 

Anyway, I guess I big reason that rooming-in felt natural and didn't feel like a burden, was because I had DH there to help me with whatever I needed.

What do you expect from your DH in the hospital and even during the first couple of weeks? Do you expect him to get up with the baby, change diapers, bring the baby to you for feedings?

If you already had a baby, what was your DH like at the hospital and the first couple of weeks home? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker