Babies on the Brain

Maybe I'm a biotch, but she'll make a great md/phd

We have refillable pipette tip boxes. The refills have plastic inserts that hold the tips in alignment. You have to remove that insert before we can autoclave the box. We also need the box's actual insert and the lid. No matter how many times the lab manager has told our lazy post-docs how to do it, they still leave the inserts in and forget the lids, which creates more work for us techs. It's a matter of lab citizenship, not necessarily that it's that much more work, kwim?

One of the post-docs is working with a female md/phd student. She completely removed the box's insert on a few boxes, threw away the lids on a few others, and left the refill inserts in the rest. With the lab manager's blessing, I put up a "how-to" sign for putting up the boxes. It is a tad bit sarcastic. Then I added a flow chart for the visual learners. They're sort of bleeding with sarcasm lol.

Anyway, I've been waiting specifically for her to read the signs before I take them down. She just walked by it and said, "you have to have instructions for that? It's so simple." Bwhahaaha. The directions are for your benefit, ma'am. It's fairly common knowledge that the phds are helpless (it's fun to watch them come into the lab and hold a pipette for pictures-it's been so long since they've done their own benchwork that they've forgotten). If this is how she's acting already, she'll do just fine as an md/phd.

ETA: I realize that doing this probably doesn't make me a good person. In this instance, I'm ok with that. 

imageimage 318/13,000=2.5% Started TTC in June 2008. Took a few breaks here and there. We started TTC again in Jan 2012. TTC #1, Cycle 33.
My Knitting Blog Bio Experiments With Running
I've given up charting but here's the link anyway.
Bonafide thread killah