Babies on the Brain

Of course this is who it would be

Some back story: I applied to the genetic counseling master's program at OU 2x. Took 6 months off TTC each time to do it. I got an interview both times. For the first time (2010), they did the interviews and then the program lost its accreditation. So that time was wasted. I sent in my app in Oct 2009 and the interviews were in March 2010. So they got their accreditation back, and I did the same thing in 2010-11. I got an interview again, except this time they told me that my GPA was 0.07 too low for them to accept me. If that was the case, I'm not sure why they interviewed me either time, but I'm trying to get over that. They didn't tell me it was an issue until my interview on the second try. Basically she told me that they never could have accepted me. Why did they waste my time? Who freaking knows. TBH, I'm still angry about it. I calculated my GPA as high enough, they did not, and it was too late to fix it by that point.

So one of my duties at work is to infect white blood cells taken from blood draws with a virus called Epstein-Barr Virus (it causes mono). Lymphocytes will not divide on their own, but this virus makes them do it. So basically, you can grow cell lines and get DNA from them, and you can make a whole lot of it because you can just keep growing up the cells. My lab manager told me that some random scientist guy had asked for EBV-transformed cells from blood that he would provide. She never told me the name, just that he'd bring some blood by at some point and I'd need to process it to get the lymphocytes to transform. I hadn't heard anything about it in a week or so, so I asked her about it yesterday. Guess who the random scientist is? The medical director of the genetic counseling program (who will recognize me). He and the program director have come over to our lab a few times to look at our fancy-schmancy DNA sequencer, and I've tried very hard to avoid them both times. I guess I won't be able to avoid him this time, as he is delivering the blood to me. Figures it would be him.

imageimage 318/13,000=2.5% Started TTC in June 2008. Took a few breaks here and there. We started TTC again in Jan 2012. TTC #1, Cycle 33.
My Knitting Blog Bio Experiments With Running
I've given up charting but here's the link anyway.
Bonafide thread killah