1st Trimester

A question for ladies on progesterone

All the different progesterone posts lately got me thinking.

I am on progesterone (100mg two times a day vaginally) because I have very low levels of progesterone during my luteal phase, and almost always have a luteal phase of 8-9 days when not on it.  Here are my questions.

1.  When you are on a progesterone supplement, do you have your progesterone blood levels drawn to verify you are on a high enough dose?  When I asked the nurse at my clinic this, she said they never do this because it would not be accurate since I am on a supplement.  That doesn't make sense to me and I have heard of plenty of women having their levels checked when on progesterone.

2. I know most people stop taking progesterone at 10 weeks, however I have read a few horror stories about people who have miscarried when going off it at this time.  Those of you on progesterone, do you plan on going off it at this time? And will you be monitored in any way?  I am thinking I will wean myself off it and ask the doctor to check my progesterone levels.

Thanks in advance. 

BabyFetus Ticker
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Me:35, Using frozen donor sperm. 2009-2010 - several non-medicated "at home" frozen donor sperm cycles = BFN
IUIs 1-3 in 2010 = BFN
4/2012: IUI #4 w/ new RE = BFP Missed m/c due to turner syndrome at 9 weeks, discovered at 12 weeks 3 days on 6/21/12. :(
Summer 2012 IUI 5 & 6 = BFN.
Was planning on moving onto IVF but insurance is requiring 3 injectable IUI rounds.
11/12/2012 - IUI #7 75 gonal-f cd3-12 + trigger. = BFP on Thanksgiving!
Beta 1 at 14dpo = 261 Beta 2 at 16dpo = 639 Good NT scan and Negative MaterniT21 test. It's a boy!