1st Trimester

ehh

So DH and I had our first appointment today, and I really dont know how to feel.  When we found out we were pregnant my DH had not yet received his promotion, so for insurance we decided to do medical until his insurance kicked in.  Thankfully it will be active by June 1, but as for right now, we are still going through medical, which has been wonderful....but not the greatest.

So today was out first appt, at 10 weeks and 4 days.  They said they did it that later because its the beginning time where you "might" be able to hear the heart beat.  I was kinda confused beucase i have heard so many other women say they hear the heart beat at 7-8 weeks.  So we went in today and they did the regular physical and said i had to get 2 shots, and went over my blood work and said everything looked great.  I was healthy, there looked to be growth for the baby and i had lots of discharge.  She then prepped me to hear the heart beat and when she put the dopple to my stomache.....we didn't hear anything.  She tried a couple more times and nothing....i was so devestated that i start bawling in the room.  And of course, me being the worry wart that i am, everything pops into my head that smething is wrong and the bean isnt in there anymore.  My NP told me not to wrry cause everything looks like it is growing and all, but that it just might still be early to hear the heartbeat on the doppler. 

Anyways, has anyone else had this experience?  How early can you hear the heart beat on the doppler?

Thanks ladies!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml