2nd Trimester

Experienced mothers and their Dogs

For all you dog lovers- I've got a few questions: I am a FTM and my husband and I have 3 dogs. We Love our dogs- they are our babies and have been for the past 8 years. Everyone keeps telling me that things will change drastically for our dogs once the baby arrives- I am not naive enough to think that things will stay the same- "a baby changes everything"- but how much change should I expect?  Right now- our dogs stay inside during the day- overall, they are great dogs (they still manage to find trouble every now and again) - We have a few problems with our Catahoula mix jumping up on people and barking a lot but DH and I are working on adjusting his behvaior. I mentioned to DH that maybe the dogs should stay outside more (during the day)once the baby gets here- the weather is usually nice- there's a covered back porch and a big fenced in yard.... But DH thinks that this might make things worse and they won't acclimate to the baby. So- here is my question- what changes did you make once your baby arrived; how did you get your dogs used to being around the baby; and did anyone have an inside dog that spent more time outside? Thanks for your help ladiesBig Smile