2nd Trimester

Boyfriend having conflicting thoughts...

So we went to see my boyfriend's 2 week old niece last weekend and he got to hold her and feed her. This was the first time he'd ever held a little baby. He watched me change her diaper and kept commenting on how tiny she was despite being and 8 pound 7 ounce baby. Over the last week I've also been showing more and he has a steady stream of (good) comments about it. However, I think he's starting to freak out a bit... He started talking about stuff that he'd like to have saved for and he keeps talking about stuff he wants and saving for it. When I told him to go get it, he just said that instead of getting it, he could get a crib or a bunch of diapers or something. We had an in depth discussion last night and he kinda feels like he wants things but it's hard to wrap around in his mind that the baby will be coming first from now on. I understand we all deal with becoming parents in different ways, but sometimes this scares me the way he almost seems to regret what we started. He won't say that to me, and when I ask he says its not that, but from my perspective it's a scary thought that he might resent this child because he can't rebuild his computer sooner rather than later. Anyone else going through this with their SO? It does pass right? I know he loves this child and he's just trying to deal with new emotions, that's why I'm trying so hard to find comfort that he's actually dealing with them and not just hiding them from me. I don't know, I need reassurance I think. :(
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker