2nd Trimester

Sequential Screening

Hey ladies.  Did anyone go for this two part test?  I'm 32 years old (will be 33 in May) and this is my first pregnancy.  I had the first blood test done at 12 weeks and the second done at 16 weeks.  When I called my obgyn for the results, she stated that I was at a "slightly elevated risk" for having a baby with down syndrome due to my age and the results of my blood test.  She said that my blood test results provided them with the ratio of 1:462.  Of course this makes me worry...so I went online (bad idea?) and found this website: http://www.wolfson.qmul.ac.uk/epm/screening/calcrisk.html According to this website, I should be 1:700.  I called the hospital where they did the baby's measurements for the sequential screening (12 weeks) and she said that there was a presence of a nasal bone (the absence of a nasal bone is a powerful marker for Down syndrome) and his neck measured normal (babies with down syndrome have fluid at the base of their neck, which would make their neck appear larger).  The measurement portion of the test made me feel a little bit better, but I'm still concerned.Has anyone had results like this before?  Any insight is greatly appreciated.   Gina 
imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker