2nd Trimester

Bleeding after sex?

Hi ladies,

14 weeks of pregnancy and this is the first sight of blood... and it's scary. That being said, I have not been in the mood for sex for about 2 months so I can probably count on one hand the amount of time it's happened since my BFP. Even so, I've never seen blood afterwards.

Last night, DH and I had some fun around 9:30-10:00. I went to the bathroom immediately after and everything was normal. I went to bed. Woke up at 1:30 to use the bathroom again and noticed 2 good sized spots of blood in my underwear (about the equivalent of 2 quarters, I'd say). It was dry/brown by the time I saw it but it scared me to death. When I wiped at 1:30 there was no active bleeding. I used my finger to check (sorry if TMI) and saw no blood.

I put in a panty liner and went back to bed and woke up at 5:45... still no more blood. Doesn't appear to be active and I haven't noticed any pain or cramping. My book says it's just an irritated cervix and not to worry. I'm going to call my doctor when the office opens but I think they might say the same thing... does this ever happen to anyone else? Am I worrying for no reason?

Thanks everyone.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml