January 2012 Moms

What is your take on BFing in public?

So I was browsing FB earlier today and saw this posted by my SIL:

"Eating lunch and this woman is breastfeeding her baby right in front of me!! Aren't there laws against this?! GROSS!!"

I was shocked at her! I replied and said "The baby has to eat too! Did the lady have her boob completely exposed or something?" to which she simply replied "That's not something I want to see while I'm eating alfredo. GROSS!!" My husband even replied to her "Actually, the law in your state states the OPPOSITE. It's 100% legal to breastfeed in public."

Now, I plan to BF and I fully intend to feed my baby whenever he gets hungry WHERE EVER that may be! I've already purchased a nursing cover so I will be covered up. However, I won't go hide in a nasty bathroom stall b/c so many people find it "gross". The same with my family. I'm going to be one of the ONLY people in my family who has breastfed since the 80s. My cousins know NOTHING about breastfeeding and they seem to grimace at the mere mention of it. But believe me, when my baby gets hungry at a family function, I'm whipping out my boob (But I will cover it up nicely! lol)

Nia, Mom to Jayden Michael, Born 12/04/06, Adopted 12/07/06
And Elias Parker, Born 3.5 weeks early 12/20/2011 image
FINALLY!!! After 7 years of infertility! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker