January 2012 Moms

Anyone ever deal with an ovarian cyst while pregnant?

I have been having HORRIBLE pain in my left side for a little over a week now. It gets worse depending on where the baby is lying. Last Friday, I ended up having to go to the ER to be monitored b/c the pain was so bad I could barely walk, or even breath deeply for that matter. They monitored the baby's heart beat for an hour and he was just fine, kicking away, but his head was lying on that side so the nurse said that may have been why I was in so much pain. It wasn't confirmed that I have a cyst, but judging from the pain I described and the location, my Dr said that there are no organs down there right now. The only thing in that area is my ovary so he's pretty sure it's a cyst. I have a history of ovarian cysts and it certainly feels like one, so I wouldn't be surprised. The only thing is the nurse said they do nothing about them :( Well, my baby turned again and is lying on the cyst. It hurts so bad and tylenol does NOTHING for the pain. I have my 4 week check up tomorrow and will definitely mention it. I'm guessing he will just measure the size and then monitor it from there. Is there any chance that the cyst would go away on it's own? If not, I'm in for it as this baby keeps getting bigger!!
Nia, Mom to Jayden Michael, Born 12/04/06, Adopted 12/07/06
And Elias Parker, Born 3.5 weeks early 12/20/2011 image
FINALLY!!! After 7 years of infertility! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker