January 2012 Moms

When will movement pick up?

Also, this is a repost from the 2nd trimester board. 

So I'm perplexed. This is my first baby so I really don't know what to expect. When will movement pick up where I'll start feeling the baby more throughout the day?

For the past few days I've been feeling a little bit first thing in the morning, maybe 2-5 mild kicks, then really nothing until some serious activity right around lunch time for maybe 5 minutes. Then it slows down again for the rest of the day with random kicks here and there, but not tons or anything. When I get home after work and if I haven't felt the baby much I'll do the trick of drinking some OJ and lying down which usually gets me 5-10 kicks in 30 minutes.

I would get worried because it's so inconsistent and I feel like there isn't much movement throughout the day, but I've heard that movement can be inconsistent at this time still, plus at my a/s on Monday the baby was moving all over the place and I barely felt a thing. Every u/s I've had I've been told it's a very active LO, so why can't I feel that "major" activity all the time yet? Also, I have a posterior placenta, so it's not like that's in the way or anything.

Just curious when this should finally pick up because I'm starting to get anxious.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker