January 2012 Moms

who's thinking about baby shower?

Husband's Cousin in law offered to throw a shower for me.  Very excited since no one else has.  (Although we just got married in September so I feel like people are "over" throwing showers for me.....) 

Pretty sure we're going to have it in November before Thanksgiving.  Get it out of the way before the holiday craziness and also the crazy weather that comes along with living in Wisconsin.

Here's my problem.  Since it's at her house, I want to keep it fairly small and I don't want it to cost too much.  Well, just inviting husband's family (only one side due to conflict from divorce!) is already 20 people!

I feel bad because I have a lot of close friends that have already mentioned that they want to come to a shower, but I don't want to bombard this shower.  I know my mom won't have one for me b/c 1. she lives in a different state and 2. She's my only family besides my step dad and 1 aunt and cousin.  So it's not like we need another one for my side of the family.

I guess I just feel bad.  It's not even about the gifts, I just want to make sure people feel included and don't have their feelings hurt, ya know what I mean?

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker