January 2012 Moms

Baby Showers- who to invite?

We are having 2 showers in October (one in MH's hometown, one in mine) because that's the only time we'll be back to visit before Christmas.  The hosts are starting to ask for an invite list, and I'm... well... I just don't know who to invite!

Family, obviously, and close friends.  But we moved away 3 years ago & there are a lot of friends that I haven't seen in those 3 years.  Facebook has been a great way for us to keep up with each other, see their kiddos grow up, etc.  Some of them even see my parents around town and say, "This is going to sound weird, but do you have a daughter named ______?  I read her blog every day!"  So I feel like I've kept up with them well & they'd probably want an invite, but at the same time, I don't want to seem gift grabby-- as in, "Hey I know we haven't seen each other in person in 3 years, but come bring me a gift!"

The showers will be very traditional southern church showers, so changing the style of the shower really isn't an option (think old ladies chatting about how they used to rock me in the nursery and now I'm having a baby of my own).

So what's the etiquette? For many I have their addresses for when I sent Christmas cards every year, but for some I'd have to ask for their address.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml