January 2012 Moms

name trouble....

Okay...I was lurking on the 2nd tri board and saw a post about crazy baby names that parents should have thought through. (Ben Dover, Harry Bush, etc) Unfortunately I have one of these stupid last names that makes it difficult to choose a first name. My mom brought this up recently...it was late at night and she had had a few drinks so I just shrugged it off. Our last name is Bush. I always joked that I wasn't even going to take DH's name when we got married because I hated it so much, but out of love and dedication to him, I decided to stop being petty and do it anyway. What my mom mentioned is that kids are going to make fun of our daughter if her name is Parker Bush. My thoughts were, "When they're old enough to make that joke, she will be old enough to say f**k off." The more that I think about it now, the more that I wonder. Kids are not as innocent as we would like to think...What are your thoughts on this name? Should we reconsider? We love love love the name, but I really want opinions on this.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml