January 2012 Moms

Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe

18-24 cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs (about 18 cookies)
1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 large eggs, room temperature

Preheat oven to 300 degrees (F).

In food processor, grind up 18-24 Oreos ? cream and all.  Poor cookie crumbs into 9? Springform pan.  Use a small, rounded cup to press the crumbs on the bottom and up the sides of the pan.  *I like crust up the sides, so I use 22-24 Oreos ? but it all depends on how you like the crust.  You could use 18 and do a thicker bottom only crust*

Melt 12 oz bag of chocolate chips in microwave at 30 second increments or in double boiler (I just put a bowl over a small pot with water in it and it?s an instant double boiler).  Stir until completely melted and smooth.  Set aside to let cool slightly.

In mixer, mix cream cheese until smooth.

Add vanilla and can of sweetened condensed milk.  Make sure everything is incorporated; scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl.

Add eggs, one at a time.  Make sure each egg is mixed in before you add the other.

Once everything is mixed, add the melted chocolate and mix until everything is an even color.  Make sure you scrape from the bottom of the bowl as the cream cheese mixture tends to stick and you want everything as chocolaty as possible.

Poor cheesecake mixture into crust.

Wrap Springform pan (bottom and up the sides) with aluminum foil and place in 13? x 9? pan.  Poor enough water (NOT past the foil) into the pan in order to create a water bath for the cheesecake (this creates a steamy environment for the cheesecake to bake and prevents cracks ? and overall makes it look beautiful in the end).

Bake for 75 minutes at 300.  After your timer goes off, turn the oven off and leave the cheesecake in the oven for another 30 minutes.

Take out and let cool on wire rack.

If you choose to top with the chocolate ganache, here?s what to do?

3/4 cup whipping cream
1 (6-ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels (1 cup)
1 (6-ounce) package milk chocolate morsels (1 cup)

Remove the side of the Springform pan and put the cheesecake on whatever tray/server you?re going to use.

In small saucepan, bring heavy cream to a rolling simmer, remove from heat and whisk in chocolate chips.  Make sure everything is melted and silky smooth.  Allow mixture to cool slightly.  Poor over cheesecake.  You can do a simple drizzle or completely cover the cheesecake ? up to you!

Refrigerate the cheesecake for several hours or overnight, slice, and serve. 

Trust me, this cheesecake is a chocolate lover?s dream!!!

Now, since I (we all) are pregnant, I opted not to make this the ?healthy? way.  If you choose to, which I have done, go ahead and use either 1/3 reduced fat cream cheese or fat-free and fat-free sweetened condensed milk.  It comes out the same and is just as delicious ? you just don?t feel as bad eating a bigger piece!

I know it seems like a lot but really, it is simple to make!!!

I hope you ladies love this and everyone who eats it enjoys it!!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml