Babies: 9 - 12 Months

DD fell off our huge bed!

Yup I'm that mom...

I feel like complete shiit :( DD wakes up 2-3 times a night still so when she gets up I bring her into my bed, feed her, and put her back into her crib (unless we both fall asleep). I have a king size bed and since it's just me and DD (DH is deployed) I just built a pillow barrier and I felt like that was pretty secure...and that fact that 2 sides of the bed are against walls. She normally doesn't move around much in her sleep.

So last night at 2:45am I wake to a ::thunk:: and crying...I seriously could have died. I jumped up and was hoping it was a firework that woke her up...but nope. She was on the ground crying! My stomach dropped and I had to fight the urge to throw up. I must have fallen asleep and forgot to put the pillows around us...ahhh I feel so bad! She cried for a couple minutes but she was still asleep. She finally woke up and we played for an hour so I could make sure she was ok, checked her pupils etc. She was as happy as a clam and acted like nothing happened. She is completely normal today, in a great mood, and not s scratch on her. I can't believe I let it happen but I am so grateful she is ok, it makes me even more upset because I am always so careful. Ugh...