Pregnant after IF

XP: Help the Family Act of 2011 (call to action!)

From Resolve: 

To date 5,890 letters have flooded the U.S. Senate asking for support of the Family Act of 2011, S 965. THANK YOU!

Many of you have contacted us asking, ?What else can I do?? 

RESOLVE needs you to make the halls of the Congress ring with hope.

Please call your Senators on Monday, June 20, 2011 and urge them to co-sponsor S 965.

Here?s what you can do: (Note: you will repeat these instructions twice, once for each Senator in your state.)

1. Call the main U.S. Senate switchboard at 202-224-3121.
2. Ask to be transferred to your Senator?s office.
3. Here is a sample script for your call:

?Good morning/afternoon. I live in <insert state name> and I?m calling to follow up on a letter I sent to the Senator regarding a bill that I care about, the Family Act of 2011, or S 965.  May I speak with the Health Legislative Assistant or someone else in the office?

Once you?re connected:

?I sent a letter to your office and asked that the Senator co-sponsor S 965, as it is very important to me.  This bill is called the Family Act and it would create a tax credit to help with the out-of-pocket medical costs for infertility treatment.  As you know, yesterday was Father?s Day, and with millions of Americans suffering with infertility, there are men in this country who have no chance of being fathers due to the cost of medical treatments.

Can I count on the Senator to help me and thousands of others in our state by co-sponsoring this legislation?  <wait for reply>

I urge you to talk to my Senator about this call and my letter.  I encourage you to reach out to Karina Cabrera, your colleague in Senator Gillibrand?s office, and let her know if you have questions or need more information about this bill. 

Thank you for taking my call and passing on my message to the Senator.?

Need a reminder email sent to you on June 20th? Click here to sign up and you will receive a reminder to make your calls to your two U.S. Senators.

This is a critical step to getting S 965 passed. Our Senators need to hear from us!

Thank you for taking action.

Sincerely,

Barbara Collura
Executive Director
RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association

TTK 9/06 / TTC 10/08 / Twins 12/11 / Life Blog
5 REs + 3 surgical hysteroscopies for septum/lap + 3 failed IUIs
IVF w/ICSI/AH & acu = BFP!, unexplained spontaneous m/c @ 8w2d (our little girl),
FET w/acu = BFP!, B/G twins!, lost MP @19w, dx w/funneling cervix @20w,
twins nearly lost to IC @21w, saved by rescue cerclage, 17P & 16w of bedrest
Our twins born @36w4d via CS when A came foot first

Thankful for every day

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker