Pregnant after IF

IUI success with low sperm count?

So I went in for IUI #1 today. It's hard to believe that DH and I have been ttc for 15 months now. We have been waiting months for this day ever since back in August/September of last year we were told he only had 1 million little guys in there and at a very low motility. We were told IVF was our only option but there was NO way to afford it. We have been working so hard to get his swimmers up to a level which will allow us to try IUI and we finally made it! Party!!!

However.. it could have gone a little smoother. DH had a hard time getting enough out (he told me this after the fact) so it was a surprise when the RN said that they only got 7 million (we were expecting closer to 12). Ah well, the motility was at 85% which is an even bigger improvement from the last check he had when it was at 75%. I am trying to stay positive and think that it only takes 1 little guy, but part of me is cautious. I know I will be a wreck if this doesn;t work out.

Has anyone here had successful IUIs with low sperm counts? How many IUIs did you need? How many follicles did you have? I think I only had one, but I may have had two.

Thanks ladies!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
TTC since March/April 2010
DX: MFI - less than 1 million sperm, 26% motility
DH put on anastrozole to increase counts
June/July 2011 100 mg Clomid + TS IUI#1 & IUI 2 - BFN :-(
Forced break due to DH getting spinal surgery in August 2011
IVF - January 2012: BFN
FET in April 2012 - BFP at 6dp5dt! Beta #1 at 9dp5dt: 82.5, Beta #2 at 12dp5dt: 352 Beta #3 at 19dp5dt: 6000, saw heartbeat and one little bean at 5W6D!
After nearly 3 years of waiting our LO was born December 18th 2012!