Pregnant after IF

Vent - Argument W/ Family

We were supposed to go up to visit my family in NH this weekend.  My parents come see us a lot and my brother was just here last weekend, but I haven't seen his kids since Thanksgiving.  I was really looking forward to it, but I was also anxious about making the trip b/c it's 7 hours away. 

After the anxiety I had on Wed. night w/ those weird tightening feelings I was having, I was just really uncomfortable with the idea.  Not only the drive, but just worries about what I would do if something went wrong...I was just uncomfortable being away from home I guess.

We decided to bag the trip.  My parents were disappointed but understood, but my brother took it personally, thinking I don't have faith in him as a Dr. (he's a GP too, not even an OB!) b/c he would make sure if anything happened I would be taken care of. 

Ego much?  I realize I'm probably more cautious than most pg ladies...IF really instills that fear in us!  I don't expect him to totally get it...but I wish he would at least realize it's not about HIM.   

At this point I feel like me and DH have to do what's best for us, though. 

TTC in 2008. Stage II/III endo, Hashimotos hypothyroid, low morph (3%).
2 cycles Clomid/Ovidrel/TI/Crinone=BFN.
IUI #1 - 4 Follistim/Ovidrel/IUI/Crinone = BFN.
IVF #1 - Antagonist w/ ICSI 4/10. 17 retrieved, 5DT of 2, BFN :(
IVF #2 - Long Lupron w/ ICSI 6/10. 15 retrieved, 3DT of 2, BFFN!!
Lap 7/21/10
IVF #3 - Clomid/Antagonist w/ ICSI 10/10. 14 retreived, 3DT of 3, BFP 10/20 but m/c. No HB 11/15/10 - D&C 11/17/10.
FET - 2 blasts, 1 survived the thaw. Transfer 2/19. Beta #1 3/1 375, Beta #2 3/3 885, Beta #3 3/8 4261, Beta #4 3/11 9005. U/S 3/8 1 sac 1 yolk, U/S 3/16 1 heartbeat 114bpm!.

James Paul born Oct. 24th 2011 via c-section at 38 weeks!

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out."
"Courage is the first of human qualities because it is the quality which guarantees all others."

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker