Pregnant after IF

So disappointed with the mind set of some people

So I posted about being PG on Friday on Facebook. I received a lot of positive and supportive comments which made me feel really good. But then a friend of mine sent me a text. She says oh I didn't know you were seeing anyone. I respond I wasn't I went with a donor. So then she says oh well it's hard enough for two people to raise a child let alone one, are you sure you though this through?? I was so pissed !!!! Where does she get off questioning my intentions like that? Especially that she was fully aware of my fertility issues. (I've always been open about my IF) Really? So I was supposed to let age make my issues worse and risk never having children just on the off chance I might have met a man and been able to try having children with him? Really??!! And also let's say I was a normal fertile girl, I am college educated, have a stable home and job and make a good salary conducive to raising a child. Even with all that I was supposed to wait for a man to come along? I just don't understand how it is 2011 and people still have these kinds of thoughts in terms of who gets to be a mother. So it's fine for all the drug addicts, high schoolers, prostitutes and welfare abusing chicks to have kids and no one blinks an eye because a man got them pregnant. ( Yeah let's ignor the fact that in most of these instances that man disappears) But I decide I want to get pregnant "on my own" and it's a problem?? WTF ?? I'm sorry this post really has no point except I needed to vent because it is still bothering me that someone would question my motives like that based on a warped thought process....
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml