Pregnant after IF

A tiny update from the NICU...

I am so sorry to be MIA...I have been trying keep up with posts via my phone while I breastfeed Madison but it is really hard to try and type a response on my phone while doing that.  I want to post pictures but the wifi is super controlled here and for whatever reason I am not able to upload pics to my picasa account so that I can share them you all.  I promise that as soon as I am home and settled with her I will bombard you with lots of pictures!  I know those that I am friends with on FB have been able to see the pics I have be able to post on there and if anyone wants to see those, you can send me a PM and I will add you on FB!

So onto the update....

We are spending our last day here in the NICU today...tomorrow is discharge day!  Yay!  Maddie is doing above and beyond excellent and the only thing keeping her here at this point is the hard and fast rule here at this NICU that no baby goes home before 35 weeks gestational age.  That, of course, is drving me up a wall!  Some of the docs have tried to use the excuse that she lost some weight (she has gone from her birth weight of 5lbs6oz to as low as 5lbs0.3oz but has already started gaining with a 2oz gain yesterday).  I have tried to argue that all babies even full term healthy babies can lose upto 10% of their birth weight and they get to be in the comforts of their own home...but again they are sticking to their rule.

Maddie is slightly jaundiced but not enough to require any therapy at this point. I tried to talk them into allowing me to go sit with her by a window...which is right in the NICU...to get some indirect sunlight but again I was shot down.  And of course they are trying to use that as a reason to keep her here as well...but when I question them on it the doctors really have no good medical reason for her to still be here.  Drives me batty!

So basically we are here, trying to make the time here as close to our home environment as possible.  I have been playing my Pandora Radio on my phone, trying to make it not as stone cold silent (all the NICU rooms here are private and have doors that close to keep the noise out)...little Miss Madison has been loving her some Dave Matthews Band....mommy and daddy's favorite band!

Thank you for all the support and prayers for us over this last week or so....it all means so much to us! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml