Health & Exercise

I'm organizing a 5k and need advice!

I have run multiple 5k's, but now I am organizing one to raise money for research for a disorder that my son has.  I would love if I run down what I have going so far with you ladies to make sure that I am not forgetting something obvious.  If you have any suggestions or advice, please feel free to send it my way!

Things I have so far:

website for online registration and info about donating, volunteering and info on the disorder the race is for.

Facebook page to further get the word out

T-shirts with race name on it, sponsors on the back

I will have volunteers along the trail with water and first aid equipment to make sure no one gets hurt, and if they are they are promptly helped.

local radio station MCing the event

t.v. news station coming

the number bib thingys for racers to wear to identify them for the time keepers

water, water and more water

waiver to sign

registration table

An educational table that shows people about the disorder and other ways they can help.

Two gift baskets up for a silent auction.  They include things donated by local businesses.

Things I am working on getting:

healthy snacks for after the race

a photographer to capture the moments.  Maybe even have her at the finish line to capture people coming in and then give them the option of buying prints?

Awards for top finishers.  How should I split the age categories up?  I was going to have an award and recognition for the top male and female of every age category and then the top overall male and female runners.

Okay, what else am I missing?  What else could I do to make this more profitable (since it is for a charity) and more memorable for the racers?  Thank you ladies!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml