Cloth Diapering

Any suggestions?

I love cd'ing, but I'm going a little crazy.  We have some BG's, Kawaii's, and then Thirsties duo wraps and covers that I use with either MF inserts or prefolds.  I also have one Kissa fitted that I love. 

My problem is that I am almost constanly getting leaks with the Kawaii's and BG's.  I use the BG's, double stuffed, for overnight.  I get leaks either around the inside of his thighs or around the top of the diaper above his hips.  I have the same issue with the Kawaii's leaking around his legs.  I'm going to try using hemp inserts (I do MF right now) and see if that helps.  I just stripped his diapers and they absorb fine when I just run them under warm water.  I've got them on the middle rise setting (DS is around 16 pounds and 25 inches long).  Could it be something I'm doing wrong?  I put them on snug, but not super tight and it doesn't seem to matter how tight I make them or how much I adjust them, there is still a gap around his legs.

Anybody have any ideas?  I'm thinking of trying some other diapers just to have more variety, so any recs on types or brands would be great, but is there anything I can try to help stop the leaks?